The school must ensure that the provision of services for students (i.e. excursions/camps/swimming programs/visiting groups) do not incur direct costs to the school, nor cause the school to run at a loss.
We encourage all students to participate in camps and in/excursions.
There will be occasions when students need to withdraw from a camp or in/excursion after they have made
- To provide a fair and equitable refund system
- Laburnum Primary School advises parents of requests for Parent Payments to support teaching and learning, in accordance with the DET Parent Payments Policy.
- The school is unable to refund payments made for costs that have already been paid, where those funds have already been transferred or committed to a third party and no refund is available to the school.
- Where a per head fee is charged and refundable, refunds are able to be given.
- Where the school is charged for the provision of resources, a program or a service as a bulk cost, and not a per head cost, no refund is able to be given.
- Where there is a combination of a bulk charge and a per head charge, e.g. in an excursion: the bus charge is bulk cost. Entry fee is per head cost. Only the per head component is able to be refunded.
- Refunds will only be given when requested in writing within 14 days after the event.
- Deposits paid for school camps will be non-refundable unless the camp provides a refund to the school.
- The ‘Camps, Incursions or Excursions Refund Request’ form must be completed for all reimbursements within 14 days of the event. The form is available from the general office.
- Refunds will be processed once all outstanding costs are met.
- Families who enroll in the school during a school year can pay a pro-rata Parent Payment for that year, calculated by the school on a per term basis.
- The Principal can consider special circumstances on an individual basis.
This policy will be reviewed annually.
| This policy was last ratified by School Council on:
|| 20 October 2020